At UKME we strive to deliver exceptional products and services to our private Clients. We aim to ensure that our Clients are happy with every aspect of our business, whether it is a product or a service, and that all relevant business and legal or regulatory requirements and contractual obligations are carefully managed. Our management system is based on 5 main international standards by which we deliver our policy. We achieved formal certification for the following standards in June 2009 from the BSi:
PAS 99 – Integrated Management Systems
ISO 9001 – Quality Management Systems
OHSAS 18001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
ISO 14001 – Environmental Management Systems
BS 25999 – Business Continuity Management Systems
Through these standards, the Board of Directors and the UKME Senior Management Team commit to:
- Focus on Client needs and satisfying their requirements in order to demonstrate our commitment and loyalty to our Clients.
- Comply with current legislation, standards and applicable guidelines for quality, environment, health and safety and business continuity.
- The avoidance of accidents and the promotion of a safe and healthy workplace by providing safe working guidelines, integrated safety and job training for all employees and additional safety training where appropriate.
- Develop and document objectives and targets for the business against which performance and progress can be measured and reviewed.
- The creation of a culture of continual improvement in all our staff and processes across all of our activities.
- Improve our environmental performance by maximizing our energy efficiency, reducing waste and increasing recycling efforts wherever possible and ensuring our supply chain has similar environmental policies.
- Minimize risk to the business through building resilience and effective crisis management strategies to ensure that we can provide a high level of service to our Clients at all times.